ROAD USAGE CHARGE ASSESSMENT
On January 13, 2020, the Washington State Transportation Commission (WSTC) submitted their final report on a possible transition to a road usage charge (RUC) to the Governor, State Legislature and the Federal Highway Administration.
In collaboration with the Washington Road Usage Charge Pilot Project Steering Committee, the WSTC’s report addresses the legal, fiscal, operational, and policy impacts of a road usage charge and offers recommendations on how RUC may be implemented in Washington. The State Legislature and Governor will ultimately decide if a road usage charge will be implemented in Washington.
ROAD USAGE CHARGE ASSESSMENT FINAL REPORT DOCUMENTS
Below, you can access the final RUC Report compendium which is comprised of three Volumes:
- Volume 1 – Contains the Washington State Transportation Commission’s findings and Recommendations.
- Volume 2 – Contains the final findings of the WA RUC Steering Committee and provides more detailed information supporting Volume 1.
- Volume 3 – Contains all supporting documentation for Volumes 1 & 2.
- A-1 Smartphone Innovation Challenge Report
- A-2 Survey Results
- A-3 Focus Group Results
- A-4 Help Desk Summary
- A-5 Washington Transportation Funding Public Opinion Assessment
- A-7 Use of Road Usage Charge Revenue
- A-8 RUC & Amendment 18 of the Washington Constitution
- A-9 RUC & State Issued Bonds
- A-10 RUC & the Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution
- A-11 Organizational Design for Road Usage Charging
- A-12 Department of Licensing IT System Capabilities & Needs
- A-13 Use of Private Sector Service Providers to Collect RUC
- A-14 Survey Results from DOL Subagent Vehicle Licensing Office on WA RUC Experience
- A-15 RUC & Rate-Setting
- A-16 Compatibility of RUC & Tolling in Washington State
- A-17 Washington State RUC Feasibility Assessment, Work Plan, & Budget
- A-18 Washington State RUC Assessment, Business Case Evaluation Final Report
- A-19 Washington State RUC Assessment, (Phase 3) Draft Final Report, Including Proposed Work Plan for FY 2015
- A-20 RUC Assessment: Financial & Equity Implications for Urban & Rural Drivers
- A-21 Project 2A: Study of Interjurisdictional RUC Issues, Final Report
- A-22 Assessing Out-of-State Drivers in a RUC System: Phase 2 Final Report
- A-23 WA RUC Pilot Project Operational Findings
- A-24 Record of Decisions, WA RUC Recommendations, Washington State Transportation Commission Meeting